My Food Revolution

About Me

My photo
I'm Dee a 24 year old busy body living outside the misconceptions of life. I love meeting new people and learning new things about the planet in which we reside. I rant about the price of milk amongst shops and I get stressed out if my eclairs turn out as pancakes. I'm far from perfect but it won't stop me practising.

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Freeze!

As a self confessed scrimper,  I can't help but go into some what of a rage when I'm out shopping. I just can't function in supermarkets with the amount of choices banded with the pound signs.

Today whilst out shopping I noticed the retailer selling 3 slices of beef for £1.50, I wouldn't say they was by any means chunky slices but average. In my head it's more logical to buy a beef roast, cook, prep and re-freeze.

Don't even get me started on milk, last week I noticed one of the retailers selling a 4 pint of milk for £1.35 as opposed to the 89p in the other big hitters. I calculated that if I bought my milk regularly from the dearer supermarket, I would spend £11 more a month!
Is it just me that finds that pretty hard to swallow?

That being said, another tip for you! ;) lucky devil!
Shit corner!
The place where good food goes to die. Soon as the yellow sticker gets slapped on, their fate is sealed. I will hunt down the reduced section (shit corner as I call it) in supermarkets as that's where you will find all the bargains. Almost everything you find can be frozen too.
Result: Reduction in waste and increase of coins. Smashing!

I rely on my freezer a lot, as I only do the shopping once or twice a month. I love freezing things too. As I only cook for two, a lot of the time I have leftovers. From meals to indgrediants.
Did you know for example, cheese can be frozen, so any left overs from being grated can be popped into an airtight container and bashed in the freezer. That cheese is then great for the home made pizzas! Yummy!

You may be surprised at how much you can actually freeze! Il post some links to give you an idea of what you can freeze below. See how many may actually surprise you 😊

Till next time..
Ttfn! (Ta ta for now)
Dee 😘 X


http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/node/2869
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/top-tips-freezing-food
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/nov/23/what-food-freezes-well-and-what-doesn-t-freeze-well

No comments:

Post a Comment